Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Stinky AG clothing!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used the $10 code for the (cough) time and got my DD the Star Pocket skirt and Side--Tie sweater. They are quite cute and I'm glad I got them.

    But...how to put this delicately...they stink! Any tips as to how to rid clothing of that musty, been-sitting-in-a-cardboard-box-too-long smell? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    If the items came from AG, then it shouldn't smell. Did it have the little package of moisture absorber in the package?
    I would send it back for a replacement.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Polly Marie:
    If the items came from AG, then it shouldn't smell. Did it have the little package of moisture absorber in the package? I would send it back for a replacement.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It occurred to me to do so, but since it is girls' clothing on sale, I have a hunch it is all coming out of some warehouse somewhere. And so I don't think I'm going to get anyone to look through the packages for a non-musty set. If I send them back I'm risking this happening again. I just don't have the patience for that kind of endless cycle. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

    No, there was no silicon pack, but honestly I don't recall there ever being one with girl clothing. The skirt and sweater came in plastic AG bags.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 15, 2006 08:11 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would try washing them in some woolight - let them soak a little bit and then rinse - It shopuld take out the odor

  5. #5
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    The Woolite should work. If it doesn't then you might try Surf detergent, which is suppose to get bad smells out.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Isn't there a Febreeze for laundry for just this sort of situation?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •